Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Fresh Apple Pancakes made with Coconut Flour

So this is how I am starting this New Year you ask!! Yes!!!!! I say this because I am letting myself indulge once in a while and these pancakes hit the spot!! I have kept up my exercise routine through out the year and I have added squates, lunges, rope, and more running! 

So this is my first post of the new year and I woke up craving apples, cinnamon and pancakes! Let's get to the good stuff!!



Pancake Recipe :


 1/4 cup coconut Flour ( or regular )

 2 Eggs

1 cup Almon Milk ( any milk you like is fine)

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional) or more to taste

1 teaspoon Vanilla


Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a wisk or electric mixer


Heat a pan with butter or coconut oil

Pour batter and wait 5 -8 min until edges of pancake look crisp turn and cook other side 5 -8 min

* I always add more coconut oil after each pancake just to keep the pan moist or butter





Apple topping :

2 apples of your choice ( cored,and sliced) I left skin on 

1/2 cup or less of sugar ( if you don't want it too sweet)

1 tablespoon cinnamon 

1 teaspoon nutmeg

Mix all ingredients on stove in a pot and stir until apples are tender and it has a syrup consistency 10 minutes.

* you could also do this with strawberries


Plate pancakes and add Nutella, apples and whip cream!!! Enjoy

***In the picture I added more eggs but realized it was too many so I took out one egg. If the mixture is too runny add more flour coconut or regular if it's too thick add more liquid.

Serves about 4 or makes 6 small dime pancakes

Please feel free to let me know any changes or additions you make!! You could also add agave nector for sweetness!




No comments:

Post a Comment