Sunday, October 20, 2013

Egg breakfast....

Breakfast is one of my favorite meals do the day. I always love a good brunch as well. This morning I was wondering what I should make, I love potatoes. In my effort to be "healthier" I decided to use sweet potatoes!!! Also I love sunny side eggs paired with them. This breakfast reminds me of what my mom would make every Sunday!! This is inspired by my mom....




Sweet potatoe hash and Eggs :


2 sweet potatoes rinsed and skin peeled and diced

1 small onion chopped

1 red bell pepper

2 clove garlic

2 eggs

1 pinch salt

Oil can be used ( or coconut oil)

1 pinch pepper

Some mushrooms ( I added what I had on hand)

1 bunch fresh Italian parsley (optional garnish)

1 bunch basil (optional garnish)

I also added some cotija cheese (Mexican cheese) garnish


First get a pan it's best to use a iron skillet and get it nice and hot. Add potatoes and cover for a few minutes then add onions and garlic let cook for 10 min. Add bell peppers,salt,pepper to taste, mushrooms let cook 15 more minutes covered. 

While that is cooking you can cook the eggs over easy, scrambled mixed in with the potatoes! Get creative!

I garnished at the end with basil,Italian parsley and cotija cheese!! I also paired it with some fresh pesto!

Happy Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment