Monday, January 20, 2014

Jalapeño Jam kind of a day

In the kitchen lately I have been cooking with Jalapeños. One day I had picked some from my neighbor. I thought well I could make a jam!! That's when this recipe came into my mind and I did do some research. It seems you can also use Chia seeds!! I will post another jam later!!

Ingredients :

* 12 Jalapeños ( for less heat you can remove seeds)

*4 Cups Sugar

*4 Ounces liquid Pectin 

*1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar

Makes about 6 servings in a 4 oz. Mason Jars

Instructions :

Blend 12 Jalapeños and Apple Cider Vinegar in a blender or food processor.

After you have blended the Jalapeños and Apple Cider Vinegar put in pot on the stove add sugar. Allow to boil under medium heat and stir constantly. Add pectin and boil for 15 minutes or until the jelly gets a thicker consistency continue to stir. Pour into mason jars. 

* it will set in the fridge after 2 - 4 hours. It may seems like it won't thicken but it should set in fridge give it time. The heat settles as well it may seem spicy but the sugar sets and it tastes sweet!


This is also great if you add  raspberries  or even strawberries. Let me know what you decide to make!


I made this and used it on crackers and cream cheese!! You could use it in a marinade with chicken!

Let me know what you think!

Follow me and my culinary adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment